If you are packing for a school group tour, then make sure these items make it into your suitcase!
- Take It All In Stamina: Traveling is a constant learning experience. In addition, we take in a ton of history and culture on each of our trips because we want you to see as much as possible. Although it can be tempting to take a break or opt out of an activity, we encourage you to find another layer of stamina. You may not have the chance to see or experience what is before you again. Take advantage and make the most of it!
- Spandex: Traveling often requires flexibility. Sometimes roads close or the weather is warmer than anticipated, for example. Come prepared with a positive attitude and ready to adapt as needed.
- Respect: After ensuring your personal safety, demonstrating respect is of the utmost importance. Remember that you are a guest at your destination. Please demonstrate respect for yourself, your fellow travelers, your tour leader, and the local culture.
- Tennis Shoes: Walking is the best way to see a city! We travel by foot for a considerable portion of any trip. Please wear shoes that you know will be comfortable at the end of a busy day.
- Light Jacket (or Heavy, as needed): We will be both inside and outside on our tours. For your comfort, please wear layers and bring a light/heavy jacket as needed for either air conditioning or cold weather.
- Casual/Respectable Clothing: Casual, but respectable clothing is appropriate for our student trips. Short shorts or low-cut shirts are not acceptable. Certain circumstances, such as a wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, require more formal attire. Check your itinerary.
- Extra Outfit: Pack one extra set of clothes, just in case.
- Layers: It is recommended that students wear layers of clothing. Early mornings can be cool with it warming up by afternoon.
- Sleeping Clothes/Pajamas
- Luggage Tags: Please mark your name on all luggage and other belongings.
- Poncho/Umbrella: Bring a small umbrella or poncho in case of inclement weather. As in show business, the tour must go on!
- Extra Contacts/Glasses: Don’t be the person who has to say, “I didn’t think I would lose one.” You will have come a long way to see nothing but a blur. Bring extra contacts/glasses, just in case.
- Camera: This is a once in a lifetime trip! Be sure to capture all the moments, especially when you can win prizes!
- Camera and Phone Chargers – You don’t want to miss takinggreat photos of your memorable trip or being able to contact parents or the tour leader. Pack your charger!
- Watch: We see so much on our tours! Being on time is very important in order to see everything on your itinerary. All tour participants should have a watch to maintain punctuality.
- Sunscreen: Protect your skin! Sunburn makes for an uncomfortable bus trip home!
- Personal Toiletries: Bring compact size toiletries, sealed in ziplock bags.
- Headphones: For the courtesy of the other bus passengers, bring headphones.