You need to fundraise for your upcoming educational trip. You also need to eat. Fortunately, many restaurants let you do both!
Host your next trip meeting at a local restaurant, while earning 10-20% of the nights’ receipts for your designated 501(c)(3) charity. Publicize the fundraising event through school announcements, posting on your class website, signage at school or in your community, or marking the date on the school calendar. Some restaurants will even print flyers for you!
It’s a win-win for the restaurant and the community. The restaurant fills seats on a normally slow night (Mon-Thurs) and may even attract new customers. You are able to host a meeting, eat dinner, fundraise, and build the trip community. Talk about efficient!
So where can you both eat and earn the dough? Below are 20 chain restaurants that offer school fundraising opportunities:
- Boston Market
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Cheesecake Factory
- Max and Erma’s
- Outback Steakhouse
- Panda Express
- Pizzeria Uno
- Red Robin
What else can you do to make the fundraising event successful?
- Consider hosting on consecutive nights if you are from a very large school. This will cut-down on long wait times as well as overwhelming the staff.
- Host multiple events, but at different restaurants. This will accommodate varied food interests and continue raising money for your program.
- Hold no more than one event a month. This should maintain interest and participation.
- Host the event on a night when an exam isn’t scheduled for the next day.
Additional Fundraising Resources:
- Visit our Fundraising Page
- GroupRaise: Directory of local restaurants that offer fundraising programs
- edRover: “Check-in” at local businesses and earn funds for your school and a special offer for you!
- 5 Fundraising Food Event Ideas for School Trips
- 5 Great Fundraising Event Ideas for School Trips